My Pictures

Friday, September 26, 2008

Still Just a Noxer....

I first heard about letterboxing from Ackletterboxer, Summer of 2004. I was getting ready to go to Nantucket for the weekend. I was on the phone with her and she was telling me all about this new thing she read about in Nantucket Magazine. Letterboxing. She asked me to go to AC Moore and pick her up a rubber stamp. Something beachy, as I remember, to bring down with me.
Once getting to Nantucket, I read the article. I don't get it. What do you do? Whats with the stamp? A logbook?

We printed the clues for Great Point Lighthouse. We were heading out to Great Point anyhow, why not check it out.
Keep in mind... I am not a letterboxer... yet. Even worse, I'm a skeptic, a muggle, a noxer. How can these things be hidden all over and no one knows about them?

Ok.... I'll go with you. I don't get it, but I'll go anyhow. So with clue and store bought stamp in hand... we head out for the lighthouse (driving of course) and go find this, so called, box. We have no idea what we're looking for. The clues for this box are straight forward but for some reason, we looked in the wrong place anyhow. Is it buried? Do we have to dig? After searching around a bit Ack found the box. No way! There was really something there. No joke? I looked through the log book and all the people who had been there. Ok, Ack, this is pretty cool. She stamped in with her new stamp and she was officially a letterboxer... me... I was intrigued.

So Ack, for the record, by looking at the time stamp on this picture, you found your first box at 2:09pm Sat Aug 28, 2004.... and I was with you!

Next, My First Box....
-CCL

No comments: